The water is now choppy, with small waves that are bigger than what you'd normally see at this hour. Gustav is making his presence known. However, Fay (remember Fay?) has left her mark - all that wind churned up lower levels of water, resulting in cooler surface temperatures (borne out by a brisk, brief swim last evening). Since hurricanes feed on warm water, this is good.

At least two sets of friends are staying: Mary and Tomio, down in Bywater, and Karen and John, over in Carrollton. I am concerned about all of them but selfishly glad that someone is still there. I don't like the idea of total abandonment of the city.
Karen says that Bob Breck says G is closer to a 2 than a 3. I wish Fox 8 had a live feed for their newscasts. Nagin has apparently claimed that no building in NOLA is wind rated above 150 mph. Anyone know where he got that stat?
This is what has me worried. Flippin' lake Pontchartrain and its crazy storm surge. We ought to just pave it.

No comments:
Post a Comment