Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This is NOT happening..... but just in case

As we all know, an evil tempest named Gustav is swirling around Jamaica at this very moment. He's predicted to enter the Gulf tomorrow, and by evening we should have a much clearer idea as to where he's headed.

Last time this happened, a mere 3 years ago, there were lots of issues about communications and wondering about who was safe, where they were, etc. I don't want that to happen again. And I sure as hell don't want this to happen at all:


If I evacuate, it will be to my mom's house in Baton Rouge, along with the precious Iggy and Dulle. The number there is 225-926-5788. A bunch of us evacuated there last time, and the power and phones went out, so there's no guarantee you'd be able to get through. Email and/or texting would be the best bet.

No comments: