Saturday, August 30, 2008

Obscene (Natural) Beauty

That's what we've got here at the beach right now. The water is the color of jade, and the sand, well, you know. Our house, Fountain Blue, is perfectly set up for dogs - there are two sets of doors from the driveway, so keeping the dogs from running into the street should be easy. All public areas are tiled, which is so dog friendly. The kitchen set-up would send any renovator into apoplexy, however - somehow, they managed to make a large space about as inefficient as possible (the refrigerator doesn't even open all the way because of an opposite bank of cabinets). The living room has been overrun by the decor equivalent of kudzu, only in this instance, it's pineapples and palm trees. Still, I've got no complaints. We're here, and we're safe.

And then I checked the news, and see that the pretentiously-named Gustav has become a cat 5. I think I'm inured to it because I just had no reaction. I am hoping that he's a poseur whose fraud will soon be uncovered.

No comments: